Feb 25, 2011
I have been drinking Red Bull for years to give me a sort of boost. There is always someone in my daily life that sees me drinking Red Bull and quickly says, "that stuff is bad for you". Of course, when asked why, they have no idea. I figured I would let you know some things I have researched. First lets talk about Taurine. I have heard from some people that taurine is a cancer causing ingredient. This I believe is totally untrue and is totally only speculation. Taurine is an amino acid that is naturally produced by the body. It would be interesting to know if the taurine that is in Red Bull is a natural form of taurine, or a synthetic version of the amino acid. However, even if it was synthetic, there is no evidence that this is a cancer causing element, or carcinogen. Many people that work out and are trying to lose weight, take taurine before their workout. This is to give them an added boost, in their fight against weight gain. I don't believe that this is a dangerous chemical, most amino acids are good for you. Red Bull also contains caffeine. Some people take caffeine already in a dietary supplement, and drinking Red Bull on top of that, could make your heart beat super fast like a marathon runner. This usually scares a lot of people, caffeine mixed with the other stimulants in Red Bull really perk you up. Caffeine is easily handled by most people, however, there are those people that have a little bit of caffeine and start having panic attacks, because they don't know how to deal with the dose they have taken. This is the last thing you want to happen, especially if you are at work. Its not that caffeine that is bad for you, but if you go into a panic mode, and you are actually scared, then you should probably go easy on caffeine. Remember, there are coffee and tea drinkers around the world that are addicted, so don't fool yourself, caffeine can be very addicting, and if you are hooked, could alter your mood drastically. There has been some research that carbonated drinks could weaken your bones, and even eat away at your stomach lining. There is not enough research however to make an informed decision about this though. You should however be safe, rather than being sorry. Try to keep your carbonated drinks down to a minimum. Red Bull also contains vitamins. They are mostly vitamin B group vitamins, and some of them are 100% of your daily value in one serving. Be careful though, people can overdose on vitamins and it will make your day very unpleasant, this is something to think about if you are taking vitamins already, especially B group vitamins. Red Bull also contains Niacin. In high doses this could cause an itching sensation around your neck and shoulders and could make your face look and feel flushed. Different people react to Niacin differently. That is pretty much all I have to say about Red Bull. Even though people continue to say its bad, I still indulge from time to time. I have had 1 Red Bull a day for about 2 years and I have been fine. I am not addicted, if anything I just need a way to get caffeine into my system and fast! The other things that come along inside a Red Bull are not dangerous, and aren't harmful if taken alone. I don't see how they would be more harmful if combined. Remember, like with alcohol and coffee, I believe moderation is key.
Feb 24, 2011
1/2 pound of penne pasta
1/2 cup of butter
3 tbsp. minced fresh onion
1/2 tbsp white pepper
1 1/2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 cup grated Gruyère cheese
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup of bread crumbs
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese although not very healthy for you, is one of my favorite additions to any meals. The macaroni in a box does not taste as good as this recipe. Trust me this is going to come out great.
- First you want to preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- If you can, use a stock pot, or just cook the pasta in any pot that you can boil water in. Boil them in salted water until they become tender, and soft. Drain the water from the pasta, and set the pasta aside.
- Now in a separate sauce pan melt 1/3 of the butter over medium heat, and add the onions. Cook this for about 2 minutes.
- Now this step is probably the hardest part. Add the flour and white pepper into the sauce pan. Keep stirring this for about 4 minutes. It is important not to let the flour brown, if it does lower the heat, and keep cooking for 4 minutes.
- Now add the mustard and the milk to the sauce pan, and bring the sauce to a simmer. Simmer the sauce for 10-15 minutes. If your cheese sauce gets too thick, then add some more milk. Once you have cooked it for at least 10 minutes go ahead and add all of the grated cheeses. Make sure to reserve half of the Parmesan, because its not needed yet.
- Shut off the heating element on your stove, and stir the sauce melting the cheese and mixing everything well. Keep stirring the sauce until all the cheese melts. If you think it needs a bit more heat heat it up a bit more.
- Once the cheese is fully melted you can toss it around with the pasta. Make sure you toss it in there good, so that the sauce can get inside the pasta tubes. Make sure you do this step quickly you don't want the cheese getting hard on you while your mixing it.
- Once its mixed together to your liking place it all into a 11 x 14 inch ceramic or glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top that you saved from earlier.
- Melt the butter that you have left from the ingredients, and stir in the breadcrumbs listed in the ingredients. Sprinkle this mixture over the pasta.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Feb 22, 2011
1 (14-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1 stalk celery, diced
1 small carrot, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chicken broth
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
First thing you need to do is preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. While it is taking some time to preheat, next strain the canned tomatoes, but save the juices that are in the can, we will use this later. Spread the chopped tomatoes on to a baking sheet, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Now drizzle only 1/4 cup of olive oil onto the top of the tomatoes. Be sure not to use all of your olive oil on this step. Put this in the oven, and roast it until the tomatoes are caramelized. This usually takes about 15 minutes in the oven at 450 degrees.
While this is cooking get a sauce pan and heat the remaining olive oil on a medium low heat. Add the celery, carrot, garlic, and onion. Cook the veggies until they soften, this usually takes about 10 minutes. When the tomatoes are done in the oven, add the roasted tomatoes to your veggie sauce pan, along with the saved tomato can juices, the chicken broth, bay leaf, and the butter. Simmer on the stove until the vegetables become very tender, usually takes about 15 minutes. After this add your soup to a food emulsifier, or hand held immersion blender until smooth. There you have it folks! Your fresh tomato soup is ready. Enjoy. Please leave comments if you feel I have left anything out. Thank you.
Feb 21, 2011
Hard boiled eggs are a great source of protein that is really easy to make and prepare. I love hard boiled eggs sprinkled with pepper. Some people like their hard boiled eggs with salt. This is ok, but having too much salt is bad for you. Try to go easy on the salt as much as you can. The yolks are good too, however they have loads of cholesterol. I wouldn't eat more than 4 in a day. The whites are very good for you, and thats where most of the protein is. Lets run through real quick how to make these delicious treats that mostly everyone enjoys!
- Make sure that you DON'T use the freshest eggs. I would use some eggs that are 4 or 5 days old. Make sure though you still keep them in your refrigerator. When I say they should be 4 or 5 days old I mean in your fridge. If you leave them out of the cold for that long they will go bad, and they will be disgusting. The reason why you want eggs that are a little older is because that way when they are done cooking they will be easier to peel. Fresh farm bought eggs, if cooked right away, are incredibly hard to peel.
- Put your eggs into a big enough pan so that you can fill it with water, and it will cover the whole egg. You don't want a pan that doesn't cover all of your eggs. Fill it with water, and put it over the stove and slowly bring the water to a boil. The faster you boil the water, the more likely you are to crack the eggs while they are cooking. Some people like to add vinegar to help with the eggs from cracking while they are cooking, however I have found that it affects the taste, and I am not much of a vinegar fan. Instead I use a little bit of salt. This way not only does it help with the flavor, but it also helps with boiling the water.
- Once the water is boiling, lower the temperature of the stove or if you have an electric stove that has a heating element, its probably best that you remove it from the heat for a few seconds. Once the temperature is lowered to a simmer, let the eggs cook for a about a minute.
- Now that you have done this, remove the pan from the heat, and cover. Leave it covered for an additional 12 minutes. The eggs will cook in the residual heat that is still in the pan. Depending on how many eggs you have cooking it could take longer. The best thing to do is in advance cook a couple more eggs than you really want, this way if you are impatient, you can always pull an egg out to see if it is fully cooked.
- Once the eggs are cooked, you can place them in the refridgerator and make sure they are eaten within 5 days. Thats how long they taste great for. Make sure when storing them in the fridge that you store them in a container that can be covered. Eggs can release odors, and if they go bad, it is one of the foulest smells ever!
Feb 20, 2011
Bloody Marys are not that good for you. They come loaded with tons of calories and a high amount of sodium. I have learned great ways to make your bloody Mary more healthy and I would like to share some of those ways with you. You can enjoy Bloody Marys, just make sure you prepare them the right way or you could be killing yourself slowly (just kidding, but they aren't as great for you as you think). Its already bad enough it has alcohol in it....oh who are we kidding thats the best part! At least if you make it more healthy you won't feel so guilty about it.
- Stay away from store bought mixes. Make your own tomato juice if you can. You can also find some tomato juice that has no added salt or sodium. This is key. The salt, and chile salt powder like Lucas (if you add those) are more than enough salt already. Those bloody mary mixes that they sell at Kroger and other stores like HEB, comes with loads of unnecessary sodium, and some times they have loads of sugar. Making your own tomato juice is really your best bet.
- Don't just add celery as a garnish. Get creative, if you have your own juicer or emulsifier, you can even juice all the vegetables together along with the tomato juice. I have heard of people adding things like asparagus, broccoli, spinach, and even okra. Trust me it will taste great, and it makes the drink way more healthy for you, by giving you more of your daily serving of vegetables.
- Adding more veggies is the obvious way to make it more healthy, but something you probably haven't thought of is to add more protein. Some cubes of cheese are good for this also shrimp, bacon, or crab meat. Those all go well with your new bloody mary concoction. Add what sounds good to you, no sense in ruining your drink with ingredients you don't like. The key here is to drink it, and maybe even drink a lot of it! While being responsible of course.
- Here is one I bet you haven't heard...Instead of using Vodka, use the Asian alcohol called Shochu. This tastes almost exactly like Vodka, except it has way less calories. No alcohol is good for you, but moderation, and occasional drinking is good for anybodies spirit! The less calories the better!
Feb 17, 2011
10-12 Roma Tomatoes
2 tbsp Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 cloves of garlic (if you like garlic)
1 tbsp rosemary
1 tbsp sage
1 tbsp thyme
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Get a baking sheet and cut the tomatoes in half long ways. If you want you could core the tomato by scooping out all of the seeds in the middle. This is not required, some people like to leave the seeds to have even more flavor. Either way is fine. Cut up and throw in the garlic cloves along with the tomatoes on the baking sheet. Now take your olive oil and drizzle it on top of all the tomatoes and garlic clove pieces. Make sure you get it on all the tomatoes so that the herbs you add stick to the tomatoes beautifully. When you are done drizzling your tomatoes sprinkle on all of your herbs on top of all the tomatoes. Sprinkle as much salt and pepper as you like to taste, go easy on the salt...it's bad for you. Now add the baking sheet to the oven for about 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, turn off the oven, and leave the tomatoes in there for an additional 45 minutes, so that it cooks in the existing heat. Now you are ready to enjoy your tomatoes. Tomatoes are a great way to prevent heart disease. This is a very healthy dinner, that is very easy to make, and it tastes great!
Feb 15, 2011
Most people when they are sick they take many trips to different doctors and specialists trying to figure out whats wrong with them. Sometimes the solution to your problem is a lot easier than you think. It has been proven that sometimes there is no better way to stimulate all your senses and emotions than music. It has even been proven that classical music helps plants grow. Pregnant mothers that are sick or are having a rough pregnancy found that listening to music has really helped them with anxiety, and complications in their pregnancy. This is because it is good for their child too. They also have fewer physiological responses associated with different types of labor pains. It is also a great way to sooth a child after it has been born. Scientists are still figuring out just how powerful the power of music really is. Music is a very powerful tool in altering our moods and soothing our psyche. I think this is just another thing that our ancient ancestors would do that we some how lost touch with. Not all types of music are good for you and sooth the soul. Try listening to feel good music like classical, or even some great classics such as "Bill Withers - Lean on Me", or "Elton John - Tiny Dancer". It is a common mistake that many people that like listening to rock music, heavy metal, and rap or hip/hop start cranking it up to 11 and think they are going to feel better. That kind of music might help if you like it, but generally speaking it won't have any health benefits to those around you. Bob Marley is another great artist that is good to listen to when you are feeling blue. Remember music is a great alternative to anti-depressant medicines, and other forms of medicine that have to do with pain. You would be surprised how much music can alter your mood if you listen to the right song. When I say listen to the right song, I mean listening to the song that is right for you. People that have recovered from cancer will tell you, music is something they enjoy, and you should too. Next time you are feeling down in the dumps, or sick, try turning up a great song that you haven't listened to in a while. See if that makes you feel better, before you start shoving pills down your throat.
Feb 11, 2011
The process of making a first aid kit is very important. You could always buy a complete first aid kit, but sometimes the family or people you are traveling with might have special needs such as, asthma inhalers, or allergy shots. This is why you may want to consider making a first aid kit for yourself, and for the use of your family. Walgreens and Walmart both sell first aid kits, but I think what they come with is really unsatisfactory. You want to be prepared for the worst case scenario, that way you won't start to panic in a survival situation. Remember no one knows the future, it is always good to be prepared. Here are some tips for creating your own first aid kit...
- Select a small bag that will be easy to carry around, and also lightweight. You don't want to be carrying around a bulky first-aid bag. Remember that if you are traveling with this first-aid kit on an airplane, seal everything in zip-lock baggies.
- Make sure you only carry the most basic of medical supplies. No use adding pointless make-up and other things that won't help you survive alone. Some things that would be a good idea are bandages, gauze, neosporin, antiseptic wash, medical tape, anesthetic spray or lotion, iodine, and even ace bandages. Other lightweight medical items that you can think of might also be a good idea. The more you have the better, just make sure you would need it in a survival situation if you get hurt. Also, make sure it fits in the bag you selected. The idea here is to get all the items to fit in one bag. Tylenol pain reliever is also always a good idea. Never know when you might be in pain, or even have a hangover. Tylenol could really help your day. Especially if there will be no stores around to purchase some if you get a really bad headache.
- You might want to keep some other must have items in there like charcoal tablets, allergy shots (if you have allergies) and other medication that might be prescribed by your doctor in case of emergency. They also sell mini snake bite kits, that you might also be able to squeeze inside there. Snake bites are a big deal, and a kit just might save your life.
- Last thing you should do is have 2 distinct sections, one section for the very basic of medical supplies, and the other, with doctor prescribed medications. That way your not rummaging through your kit in an emergency situation.
Feb 9, 2011
When you have a sore throat it can be extremely painful. Sometimes it feels like there is nothing you can do to make the pain go away. If you have had a sore throat for longer then 5 days you should go to the doctor. This usually means that you have either strep throat, or tonsillitis. These are serious infections and in order to get rid of them you will have to take antibiotics. If you are in that 5 day threshold then I can try and give you some tips on how to get rid of some of the pain associated with having a sore throat...
- Drink lots of fluids. This helps to coat your throat lining so that the irritation from post nasal drip won't affect you as much. It also helps to get the Vitamin C drinks like orange juice. If orange juice is too harsh to swallow, try getting some Vitamin Water. They sell it at gas stations, just find the Vitamin C version, because that helps boost your immune system.
- Install a humidifier in your room so that you can inhale air that has been moisturized so that it will sooth your throat and nasal passages. Whether you have a cold or a flu, this is always good to do. Just make sure that the humidifier filter is clean. You don't want to be recirculating bad bacteria in the air. You can even get a steam vaporizer so that you can add medicated inhalants to help soothe your throat.
- Gargling some warm water and salt is a great way to get relief from a sore throat. Be careful though not to add to much salt, this could damage your already damaged mucus glands. You want just enough to draw out water inside the lining of your throat due to swelling.
- If you are going to take a pain reliever the best one to take is Tylenol. Aspirin when taken with the flue can cause brain swelling and other things that would be bad. If you want an added boost of comfort, then I would go with Tylenol Cold & Flu. That will give you the added support you need for your symptoms.
Frostbite can be a serious problem when its super cold outside. No one really knows an exact amount of time, or temperature it takes to get frostbite. The best way of not getting frostbite, is by watching for the symptoms. Every year thousands of people get frostbite, and many of them will tell you they didn't know they had got frostbite until it was too late. Here are some signs to look for to make sure you and your family stay frostbite free...
- Some of the main symptoms are itching, burning, and numbness. Numbness usually happens when you are cold anyways, so don't just go off of numbness as a sign that you have frostbite. Nine times out of ten its just because its really cold. However the other signs itching and burning are something to really listen to, unless you have other reasons why this could be occurring I would get to a warm place quick. Once you warm up, you can get back out in the cold again. If you were to have a deep frostbite, then you will notice that your affected area will start swelling, there will be blanching of the skin, and your skin may also feel hard. As your skin warms if it turns to a whiteish or yellowish color then you may have frostbite, so it is time to go to the doctor.
- If you have decided that you do have frostbite, never rub or massage the affected area. This may result in even more deep tissue damage. This is not what you want, it will be painful later.
- Once frostbite has been spotted, don't rewarm your body, and go back out in the cold again. All this is going to do is make your frostbite get even worse. If you have decided that what you have is frostbite, you are done, I would stay inside, until symptoms go away and the color of your skin returns to normal. This could be longer then a few weeks.
- If you get any degree of frostbite, it is important that you seek medical attention as soon as possible.
It is easy to get sick when being on an airplane. Especially when you have to sit on the plane for many hours. Many people feel motion or air sickness quickly. Don't fall victim to these feelings. No one wants to ruin the first day of their trip in the hotel room feeling miserable or embarrassed about throwing up in front of everyone on a flight to Europe. Here are some tips to help you get rid of that dreaded air sickness feeling so that you may enjoy your flight and read a book, or watch a movie instead of feeling miserable. You don't have to be sick every time you go on an airplane. Here are some tips...
- If you get air sickness or motion sickness easily, and you know you could potentially get sick, then do a little preparation and bring along a ginger tea bag. Most airlines don't carry ginger tea, but this is a great way to help with the nausea. You can also get ginger from capsules sold at whole foods stores. If you forget to bring ginger with you on the flight, you can always ask for ginger ale. Of course, I would rather have the tea or capsule, so that you can get a sufficient amount of ginger to combat the nausea. The sugar in ginger ale, along with the carbonation could make your nausea worse, but it is better than nothing.
- Before you go on your flight make sure you don't eat anything with a high amount of sugar or carbohydrates. This tends to speed up your blood pressure, and give you an adrenaline rush, which can trigger a panic attack, and a feeling of air or motion sickness. If you want a snack before or during the flight make sure what you eat is high in protein with some low-carbohydrate vegetables. That will help to calm your digestive system.
- Another good remedy for nausea and motion or air sickness is peppermint oil. You can't bring peppermint oil on the flight with you now a days because of the new regulations on most airlines having to do with bottled liquids, so another way to get peppermint is by buying gum, or getting some peppermint Life Savers.
- If you can ask for some crushed ice. This is a great way to settle your stomach and dilute any acid that could be causing the feelings of nausea.
- Some people have found that having a window seat makes them feel more calm. However, others feel they get more claustrophobic when they sit next to the window. Make sure you know what seat makes you more comfortable before the flight, and try to book a seat that makes you comfortable and less liable to panic. If you do get claustrophobic easily then make sure to get an aisle seat. So that you can move around the cabin when you feel closed in. Take a trip to the lavatory even if you don't have to go. It helps with the claustrophobic feelings.
- When you first start to feel sick make sure you take a half of a nutmeg and place it under your tongue. This has wonderful stabilizing and calming effects. When it is placed under the tongue like that it helps enter your blood stream faster. You would be surprised on how effective this is.
- When you sit down the first thing you should do is point your air vent directly at your face. This extra oxygen will definitely help you alleviate any feelings of nausea you may have.
Feb 8, 2011
- Don't drink or take anything with caffeine past 3 in the afternoon. That will tend to keep anyone up longer than they would like. Sometimes people underestimate caffeine and drink coffee any hour of the day. This will generally cause inability to sleep.
- If you cant sleep try getting out of the bed and walking around for a while. Sitting in a bed while you are sleepless will only make you more stressed and anxious.
- Take a really hot shower or bath, and try to use aromatherapy soaps. Make sure to keep the lights dim bright lights make you want to be more alert. Lighting candles instead could even help with aromatherapy.
- There are essential oils that can help you relax as well. You can try adding a couple of drops to your pillow or even your bath. Your hair might wake up extra oily, but hey at least you will get a good nights sleep.
- Take an herbal supplement like Valerian Root, chamomile, catnip, lime flower or even some lavender. Another great way is L-Tryptophan which is an amino acid, and Melatonin. Some of these ingredients could even be found in some relaxation teas. Tea is another great way to take in these all natural ingredients to induce sleep.
- Relax and meditate to some soft music, or relaxing sounds. They sell CDs and even tracks on iTunes for your iPod.
- Try reading a book, or magazine, or anything! Reading is a great way to combat insomnia because it naturally makes your eyes heavy, and your brain exhausted.
Feb 7, 2011
Concerned that you are looking a little more old than you used to? Are you noticing more and more wrinkles on your face? Are you starting to get some liver spots on your hands and spider veins? Well then you might just need to add a bit more apricots to your diet. Apricots have loads of antioxidants or carotenoids. Cartenoids are a very important and special antioxidant, that helps lower your bad cholesterol, and is even proven to help prevent cancer and heart disease. This is great for the body, and a lot of us don't get enough in our regular diet. Don't throw out the seeds just yet either....The seeds are said to help with a real bad cough, or other problems with the respiratory system. Don't eat more than 5 seeds in one day though because it might mess with your urinary tract and digestive system. If you are trying to reverse the aging process then apricots might just be what the doctor ordered. If you need to get more apricots in your diet and you don't know how, a great way is to always keep some dried apricots close. That way when you are on the road traveling, or at your desk working, or even at the gym, you can pop those dried apricots like raisins, or candy. They are so great tasting too when you add them to cereal. Speaking of breakfast if you want another great way to eat them get the apricot preserves in an apricot jam or jelly. You can find it in the jelly section of your super market. I hope this helps you stay healthy and fine your own personal fountain of youth. I have always loved apricots, and now they can help you live longer. I won't stop eating them anytime soon!
Feb 4, 2011
We all know that Super Bowl parties often comes with eating un-healthy snacks, and letting go when it comes to your health. It does not have to be this way! I want to talk about some of the healthy alternatives you can do without anybody noticing. If you want to eat a lot of snacks, and let go a little bit thats fine, but take some of these tips to heart, even a little change is a big difference. See if your husband or wife even notices. Don't let your new years resolutions fly out the window at the time of the big party. Lets talk about how we can make the party more healthy for you.
1.) There are many dip options out there for you to choose from. You can try making your own out of fat free sour cream, plain Greek yogurt or fat-free ranch dressing. Also try adding carrots, celery, or even cucumbers, along with baked chips. They are better than those fried potato chips.
2.) Make your own fresh salsa. You would be surprised how much more healthy this is for you than getting it in a can that comes with loads of preservatives that do not help your body at all.
3.) You can create your own snack mixes instead of Chex try using sun dried cranberries, raisins, pretzels, or dried cherries.
4.) If you desire pizza you can make your own using a wheat dough, and you can top the tomato sauce with fat-free mozzarella cheese. If you want to go one step further you can even use turkey pepperonis. They are much more healthy for you.
5.) Cut up fruit, and use toothpicks so that people can make their own fruit kabobs. It doesn't matter what kind of fruit you use because they are all healthy for your body. There is no un-healthy fruit.
6.) Make fruit smoothies for everyone using your Healthmaster, or any food emulsifier. This is a great tasting drink that even the kids will enjoy!
I hope my health tips help you enjoy your super bowl party, and offer a healthy alternative for all your guests that might be attending. Thanks for reading my post, and don't forget to leave comments below. Thank you very much!
Jack LaLanne has died at the age of 96, on January 23rd 2011. He was a very rich man and was a big player in the Health industry. He has patents from the 1930s that are still in use today by all the gyms and there exorcise machines. He was a great man and always full of energy and life. He lived a very long life, and I think we have a lot to learn from such an extraordinary man. I have loved all of his products from his workout machines, to his food emulsifier. He will be missed. Rest in Peace mr. Jack LaLanne. Here are some of my favorite quotes from Jack LaLanne, that I think are very good, and alluded to what type of person Jack LaLanne was.
"Remember this: your body is your slave; it works for you."
"I don’t care how old I live; I just want to be LIVING while I am living!"
"They thought that athletes that worked out with my system wouldn't be able to throw a ball because they'd be too muscle bound. Those are the misconceptions I had to go through for about 40 years."
"The only way you get the fat off is to eat less and exercise more."
"Probably millions of Americans got up this morning with a cup of coffee, a cigarette and a donut. No wonder they are sick and fouled up."
"If you've got a big gut and you start doing sit-ups, you are going to get bigger because you build up the muscle. You've got to get rid of that fat! How do you get rid of fat? By changing your diet."
"I tell people I can’t afford to die; it will wreck my image!"
"I have spoken to a whole group of millionaires, head executives at Microsoft. Boy did I chew those guys out."
"I invented most of the machines in the gyms. All the leg extension machines to the weight selectors, every one of those I invented way back in the 30’s."
"We don't know all the answers. If we knew all the answers we'd be bored, wouldn't we? We keep looking, searching, trying to get more knowledge."
"Everything you do in life, I don’t care, good or bad – don’t blame God, don’t blame the devil, don’t blame me, blame you. You control everything! The thoughts you think, the words you utter, the foods you eat, the exercise you do. Everything is controlled by you."
"What you need to do is get that tape measure out, and start measuring that gut. Then you start working out and you start eating properly till that gut gets down close to it was when you were in your 20s. Then you'll find out what your weight should be."